In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Lighthouse Loop Half Marathon & 5K
COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Protocols
Runner’s High Timing and Race Management will be implementing new procedures and protocols for the Lighthouse Loop events. These will be updated on a regular basis prior to the event to adjust to the guidelines from the CDC and federal, state and local requirements. The purpose of implementing these new procedures and protocols is to provide safe events that include proper sanitation, safe physical / social distancing and help our participants, community and staff maintain good health and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We appreciate your support and adherence to these new procedures and protocols as we all adapt to changing environment.
The information below is subject to change and will be updated in accordance with CDC guidelines for events.
Current procedures date 8/9/2021
- All participants and spectators are required to wear a mask whether or not they have been fully vaccinated pre and post event. Wearing of the mask while running is not required. Participants should carry their mask with them and put it on post-race. Staff or volunteers will be walking around the start / finish area with masks available for those that do not have them.
- Social distancing should always be maintained during the event. Participants will be encouraged to stay at least 6 feet away from other participants.
- Staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks during the event.
- Portable restroom lines will be managed to minimize gathering in proximity. Door handles will be sanitized regularly.
- Hand wash and sanitizing stations will be easily accessible and spread throughout the event area.
- The staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the event that is not adhering to these COVID policies.
- Medical staff will be available on site for any health questions or issues.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be quarantined by medical staff and asked to leave the event.
HYDRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottle or hydration device.
- Water at the start / finish area will be provided in single serve paper cups distributed by staff or volunteers wearing PPE.
- Post-race refreshments will consist primarily of pre-packaged products such as nutrition bars; fruits may include bananas and/or oranges. Refreshments will be handed out by staff or volunteers wearing PPE with masks and gloves. Any open foods will be kept behind the counter, only accessible to staff or volunteers, and passed directly to participants.
- All staff, volunteers, sponsors and vendors that have not been fully vaccinated will wear masks, and anyone handling food or drinks will wear gloves.
-Advance communication and extensive signage will be used to support safe and proper physical and social distancing. This signage will be placed around the event area.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING / EVENT CAPACITIES
- Physical distancing will be maximized in runner-only areas, including but not limited to packet pick-up, portable restroom lines, race start, aid stations, finish and post-race food and activity. 6 foot social distancing standards will be followed.
- Runner’s High will limit participant capacities for each event. Capacity information is indicated on each event web page and subject to change based on local guidelines.
- Runner’s High will implement a rolling start for this event and space runners out following social distancing guidelines in the start line area. Once the event starts the start line will be open for 10 minutes allowing physical distancing along running courses.
- Finish line will be physically separate from the start line to allow for wave starts and encourage social distancing.
- The medical tent will be placed near to the finish line and medical staff will be available for any participants needing assistance.
-Participants will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities to prepare for a safe event and given the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Participants must review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to participating in the event.
-Volunteers will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities and will be required to review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to supporting the event.